White Peacock Butterfly
I had been
doing butterfly paintings and it was getting tiresome doing all the detail.
So to jazz it up, I decided to make some fantastic butterfly paintings.
The butterfly is painted fairly realistic. Around the outside I put a lot of color and tucked in Penta flower blossoms.
Pentas are one of the butterfly's favorite flowers. Lots of color made this a lively butterfly painting.
How to choose your painting colors.
You can do this easy painting technique to create awe inspiring paintings!
On the way to show I stopped to show my neighbor the paintings I was taking.
When I pulled "Freedom's Light" out of the travel bag, she exclaimed, "What an awesome painting!"
She could feel the heart of the painting. That's what makes painting awesome.
That's what inspires me to paint. When the viewer feels the painting, you know you did a good job.
how do you create fantastic art paintings?
how to do it
- Sketch your drawing onto the board to give you an idea of where to apply the acrylic.
- After the acrylic is thoroughly dry, proceed with your watercolor painting.
- Apply fixative to the dry watercolor painting.
- Do a pencil drawing on Claybord to give you a better idea of where to apply and not to apply the acrylic.
- Put some acrylic paint on the board with a palette knife. Move it around to make texture on the board.
- Don't do it on the entire board. Leave parts of the board smooth without any acrylic.
- I normally would use white acrylic. But on Freedom's Light I used white and yellow acrylic paint.
- When the acrylic was completely dry, go ahead with your watercolor painting.
- The watercolor works normally on the areas without the acrylic texture.
- The textured areas add a great amount of interest.
The watercolor painting supplies I use.
- After the watercolor painting is completely dry, spray it with two or three coats of acrylic fixative.
Here are a couple more examples of this painting technique.
This technique creates texture not normally possible with watercolor.
You can have so much fun doing your own fantastic art paintings! Let me know how you do.